Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Hardware II: Photography Equipment

#GetOlympus #Sigma #Rokinon My very first blog post in May 2014 was about the #photography equipment that I was using. I became a huge fan of Olympus when they released the Micro-Four Thirds Pen EP-3 and now most of my gear is from them. My main camera is now the OM-D E-M1. I took two pictures in May and since then, I've gotten some newer items and learned a lot more. At the time, I didn't know much about aperture, prime vs zoom lenses, focal distance, shutter speed settings, and f-stops. Auto settings produced some great pictures, but once I learned how to use the manual settings a lot of things changed. Interestingly, one of the things that pushed me to learn more about my camera was the fact I missed getting photos of the "Blood moon" in April 2014. Attempting to take pictures of the Blood Moon with a 40mm lens produced some great (being sarcastic) blurs. When I also tried to take pictures of a full moon on auto focus, that was a spectacle on its own.

In any case, here is a list and some photos of what I'm currently using.

Cameras
Casio Exilim EX-S5
Olympus Pen E-P3 x 2 + Olympus VF-3
Olympus OM-D E-M1

Lenses
Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5 Fisheye
Olympus 9mm f/8 Fisheye Body Cap Lens
Olympus M. Zuiko 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3 EZ
Olympus M. Zuiko 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II R x 2
Sigma 30mm f/2.8 DN
Olympus M. Zuiko 45mm f/1.8
Olympus M. Zuiko ED 75-300mm f/4.8-6.7 II

Filters
Pro Optic 46mm ND2
Pro Optic 46mm CPL
Pro Optic 46mm UV
Hoya 52mm NDx8

Bag
Manfrotto Agile II Sling Bag

Tripod
Targus TG-5060TR






















  



Here is a link to my first post and thanks for visiting my photo blog!
http://patrickabandy.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-hardware.html

Also, I'm always looking for ideas so feel free to leave comments if you want me to try something.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.